Thursday, August 23, 2012

Mac Style Seeker Collection

Mac Style Seeker was released today in stores and I was so excited for this collection but I must say I was not that impressed once I got to the counter. I've been watching videos on you-tube on people who were able to get these products early and reading different blogs to view some swatches. I still wanted to go out and play around with these items myself.
"Fall colour surfaces in a vivid colour collection influenced by the spirit and style of a global wanderer. She has a knack for juxtaposing vintage, ethnic, flea market and avant-garde into stunning original looks, inspiring a world of wanderlust as eclectic and fashionable as she is. Translucent, buildable, Powder Blush adds glow. Eye Shadow Duos create brilliant, sultry effects punctuated with Fluidline. Classic Mattene Lipstick is revived for dramatic, dense colour that lasts for hours. Lipglass gets fresh flair in new shades, and Nail Lacquer in jewel tones and metallics extend the opulence to the tips of the fingers"


I swatched everything while I was at the counter and the eyeshadow quads except one was a miss. They were not pigmented at all and the formula was off from the regular Mac eyeshadows. You would have to put in some work and time to build up some of these colors. There are 4 quads included in this collection and 3 of the 8 shades are already included in Mac's permanent line. I ended up with the one quad which was Marche Aux Puces. This was the most pigmented quad and I actually think its sold out online. 

There are 3 blushes included which I have to say were very nice. I ended up getting Hidden Treasure just because I didn't have a color like that in my collection. I passed on everything else because I either had something similar or it just didn't do it for me. 

To view the whole collection and swatches you can go to www.temptalia.com or www.allurabeauty.com. Let me know what you guys think of this collection.

Marche Aux Puces

Hidden Treasure





No comments:

Post a Comment